Singapore government board requirements for document translation in 2017

In Singapore, you will often encounter the government boards daily. Especially for foreigners, the ICA, MOM and SPF are what you will be coming across. Applying for PR, work permits, convert driving licence that is.

But they have new document translation in 2017. Have a read about their new requirements.


The documents required, if not in English, just submit an English translation and a copy of the original document will do. It need not go through a provider, embassy or notary public (any Singapore registered translation companies).

For the latest guidelines on work permits


Official translations are required if documents are not in English. For example, applying for a PR. The ICA only accept translated documents from the Embassy, Notary Public or a privately translated copy attested by the Embassy.

For the latest guidelines on applying for a PR


As for SPF, if your driving license is not in English, you will need it to be translated. And it can be done from the relevant Embassy, High Commission, the Singapore Subordinate Court or the Singapore High Court. Something to take note of: the Singapore High Court no longer do translation for documents, unless it is for court use.

For the latest guidelines on converting your international driving license

#Share this information if you think this is useful